Today I am so happy to have Lotta Magazine guest posting with a wonderful project from their latest issue, Travel!
Lotta Magazine is an Australian print magazine for 5-10 year old kids that is full of school holiday activities and is completely ad-free. Each issue is based around a theme and filled with arts, crafts, games, handmade toys and more.
This World of Stamps project is just one example of the brilliant gathering of ideas in each issue. Kids and adults of all ages will enjoy looking through the stamps from around the world and the older ones will love sorting them and putting them in the appropriate countries on the printable map.
Be sure to scroll down for an exclusive pricing offer just for Crafty Crow readers!
A World of Stamps from Lotta Magazine
Things you need:
- Bulk world stamps which can be purchased from post offices or on eBay (*note from Cassi - I purchased a beautiful assortment of stamps from this seller on eBay)
1. Sort your stamps into the countries or continents they come from and place them into the labelled envelopes or bags. If you are not sure where some of the countries are, use an atlas to find out.
2. Download and print out the template onto A4 card.
Use our guide to join the pages together by taping them on the back. To make it easier to handle, join the pages that overlap to form countries, but don’t join up the whole world yet.
3. Using our template as a rough guide, place the stamps from a continent or country to create its basic shape.
4. Once you are happy with your design, glue the stamps into their final position.
5. Now join all your completed sections together to make the whole world map.
And your done.... we hope you had a lotta fun!
If you like what you’ve seen, pop over to our website to check out our magazines and other free activities on our blog.
We are very excited to be featured here and to celebrate, we have a special offer for Crafty Crow readers around the world. You can buy a single issue for just AU$15 or both issues for AU$25 by clicking on this special link!
Thank you so much to Lotta Magazine for sharing this project and I hope you will check out their website and take advantage of their special offer!
(FYI: as of this posting, the exchange rate is almost 1:1 for US and AU dollars.)