Summer is a great time for arts and crafts that can get messy - just set up a table outside and make sure the hose is handy! Then, read this post at Casa Maria's Creative Learning and get inspired for an afternoon of finger painting!
This Rubber Band Bulletin Board makes a great place to stash all your summer souvenirs! The board I made is 10½" by 11" but you can make it any size as long as you use rubber bands that will stretch comfortably across your cardboard. Of course, there are an endless number of ways to customize it, so be sure to make it yours!
Materials: corrugated cardboard (10½" x 11") 9 4" rubber bands wood grain contact paper scissors pencil
How to Make It: 1. Measure and cut the contact paper so it is 1" larger on all sides than the cardboard.
2. Cut 1" squares from the corners of the contact paper.
3. Peel the paper backing off of the contact paper then lay the cardboard down in the center.
4. Wrap the contact paper over the edges of the cardboard and smooth it down.
5. Stretch one rubber band across the cardboard horizontally, then stretch the next rubber band across the cardboard vertically; continue until the board is covered.
6. You can hang the board by using one of the rubber bands on the backside or you can attach magnets on the back and it's perfect for hanging on the fridge!